This term we have been learning all about the Marea. We have learned that…….
- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marae is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marea is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the mar.
- Marea kawa (protocols) can differ between mareas and iwi.
We have focused on some key concepts when doing this learning.
These are listed and explained in the table below.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
It has a wide range of of meanings like culture, custom, ethic.
Welcoming on a Marae.
describe the Maori people
Visiters at the Marea.
the area that is a person's home.
relationship, kinship, sense of family connection
loosely translates to hospitality.
See this video for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of people on a marae.
Something I would like to learn more about the marea is……...
I would like to go on a Marea.